Frequently Asked Questions
Retailers and brand owners use digital signage in many innovative ways.
- Attract customers with attention-grabbing content.
- Engage with powerful calls to action.
- Promote slow moving and overstock items.
- Explain product features on appliances, automobiles, high-end electronics and other complex products.
- Create the right ambiance and entice customers (fashion and cosmetics).
- Help decrease perceived wait times and promote impulse purchases at the cash register.
It’s a known fact that digital signage enhances the shopping experience and helps increase sales. Products and services advertised on digital screens experience higher sales lift when compared to other methods (printed flyers alone, for example).
Video and animated content can be a very powerful customer engagement tool. For example, how-to videos and in-use product demonstrations can assist sales staff in their work. Retail flyer ads can be repurposed to generate lift off a current sales campaign.
Use retail digital signage displays in these locations for maximum impact:
- Near or behind the check-out counters. This will help reduce dwell times and improve customer satisfaction. It’s also a great opportunity to promote impulse or tie-in items.
- End of aisle (end-cap) mounted signs offer a great opportunity to promote advertised items or to cross-sell.
- Position digital signage screens near change rooms to enhance your brand and motivate customers.
- Exterior or pylon mounted LED boards or weatherproof high brightness displays can make a strong statement and help invite customers into your store. Announce in-store specials and promote events for more engagement.
- Position a wayfinding kiosk near the store entrance to guide customers. Display current promotions and an attractor loop whenever the kiosk is not currently used.