QL 2.0: New features
Updated on : 1 March 2017
Published on : 1 March 2017
QL- 2.0 is a brand-new software product developed over the past three years. This brand new software remplaces version 1.0 released in 2010. New features list:
- Totally new native HTML5 user interface. Requires no plugin for any browser, on any OS.
- New Single Sign-On (SSO) – ADFS authentication: QL accepts corporate domain authentication from the internet.
- Video and content preview in windows and full screen.
- Completely revamped WYSIWYG template and ticker designers. Users can see actual content and data feeds in template and ticker zones while they work. No more guessing.
- Facebook, Google calendar and Twitter social media feeds support. This feature has been completely rebuilt and supports current social media APIs.
- Enhanced meta tag support. Users can now include or exclude tags to determine playback. Match between player and media can be partial or exact. New window allows assignment in batch mode. Playback reporting can be selected by tag.
- Template and ticker text and data fields now let users select the vertical alignment. All 3 alignment types are now supported (top, middle, bottom).
- Mobile and tablet friendly simplified UI enabling users on the go to edit data or images.
- Users can now swap media content in the library. All previously entered media properties are retained.
- Users can search for a media within playlist window and edit a media or template from playlist component.
- A total of 10 overlapping playlists can now be merged in the planning grid. Previous version only supported 5 overlapped playlists.
- New advertising campaign management feature lets users program content based on future ad impressions. Campaigns include a mix of user selectable filler content. Advertising features can be controlled by any third-party system using the Navori Server SDK.
- New programming preview feature shows a list of all content to be played within a future period with precise time allocations and number of impressions for each item.
- Enhanced multi-tenancy features: Specific player technical profile and meta-tags are now domain user editable.
- Remote player reboot and reset from within QL Content Manager. No additional software required.
- New interface language added: Bulgarian, Croatian, Estonian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Persian, Russian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Download queue management prevents server from overloading. Instead of bulk data transfers on each update, content publishing is optimized to match available resources. QL 2.0’s smart content transfer considers the server PC load and available bandwidth. Data is queued for transfer accordingly.
- Enhanced load balancing / fail over add-on module: New server back-end architecture supports load balancing and fail over to deliver 99.999% reliability.
- New support for Microsoft Azure SQL databases with fail over and geo localization support.
- New content delivery network CDN add-on module: Player media downloads are performed using Microsoft Azure BLOB, extending server scalability to twelve thousand players or more.
- QL 2.0 is security and stress-test certified through a third-party certification agency.
- New software installer and upgrader compliant with QL 1.x versions.
- Enhanced QL Server SDK now supports the development of native mobile and HTML 5 user interface apps.
- New support for image and data feed pre-loading on startup and on the fly update.
- New Facebook and Google calendar data feed support without the need for third party or custom software.
- Reboot and purge Player content from QL Content Manager. No external third-party software required.
- Improved QL Spy software provides enhanced interactivity with third party software application and interactive content.
- Support for BLOB/CDN content downloads with file splitting when necessary.
- New multi-thread rendering engine supports 4k content at 60fps.
- Plays HTML5 content perfectly based on Google Chrome browser core.
- Ultra-smooth traditional text crawls with transparency support at 2K and 4K resolutions.
- LED billboard support (User-defined playback window size and position).
- Enhanced support for RTSP, RTP and UDP streaming video content.
- QL Content Trigger API for Android.
- QL Spy: Use of QL player as a screen saver along with touch the screen / keyboard / mouse triggering interactive content.
- Remote reboot tool included.
- Proxy support with authentication.
- QL Player now certified for Android 5.1 and 6
- Specific APK for Philips professional displays with SoC, Panasonic AF-1 and Elo touch tablet. Apk can be downloaded either from hardware vendor’s store or from QL Content Manager.
- New multi-threaded rendering engine supports smoother playback and enhanced frame accuracy. Player can now run four, 4k videos fully synchronized (represents 12k total resolution on a single PC)
- New graph and filter set for mp4 rendering. H265 is now supported.
- QL Player is now Windows 10 certified.
- Enhanced support for HTML5 content.
NEW SYSTEM ON CHIP (SOC) DISPLAYS SUPPORT:
- Panasonic AF-1 series (optimized native APK with full display control
- Philips D series (optimized native APK with full display control)
- Philips P series with Octa-core CPU and GPU SoC with full display control.
- Elotouch solutions delivered with Android System on Chip (Soc) or ECM Android Computer Modules
- Samsung Tizen scheduled late May 2017 (This will be the first native digital signage player software available on Tizen)